SUMMER TIME CELEBRATIONS
Photo by A. Garrison
As the summer vastly approaches us, we start to think about what kind of fun and excitement, we can get into this summer. Whether it’s going to the beach, cookouts with family and friends, swimming, taking a vacation, or just sitting outside relaxing to the sounds of the outdoors. Smell that wonderful fresh air that’s blowing ever so lightly against our faces and listening to the birds singing from afar. I know I truly enjoy all those wonderful things.
The kids are jumping for joy with happiness and excitement because school will once again be closed for the summer with no homework to worry about, or PE class to attend. Yet looking forward to sleepovers with their friends, playing little league baseball, and having water balloon contests, but maybe just hanging with mom and dad and playing video games all day too.
Retailer’s put a smile on your customer’s faces and give them a breath of fresh air before summer arrives by creating a show stopping candy display reminding them that fun times are heading our way. Make them take notice of the patriotic red, white, and blue candy plus a whole lot more. Point out adventures they get to look forward to that are coming like having their toes in the sand at the beach, cookouts, and water play with balloons, plastic water toys plus so much more.
Patriotic Candy – Salute and pay tribute by showing your support with your colors of red, white, and blue! I mean who doesn’t love chocolate? Try our heart shaped chocolates wrapped in foil stars and stripes along with gummi stars and starsmania.
Add a red, white, and blue peppermint stick to your ice cold beverage as a stir stick. Don’t forget baseballs and bubblegum!
Beach & Sea Creatures – Summertime fun means going to the beach and collecting shells for a lot of people. Instead of picking up shells this year try our chocolate beach shells. Swimming and getting into the ocean may be a challenge for some but not for others. Either way try encountering some of our gummi sea creatures on land like the sharks, crabs, starfish, jelly filled turtles, lobsters, and whales.
Serenity – Candy pebbles and gummi flowers and butterflies all together with family and a nice quiet evening. Enjoy the delicious tasting chocolates and gummies while the kids are playing outside with their flash pops and glow stick pops and playing freeze tag and catching lightening bugs and eating their gummy lightening bug candy. We are all young at heart no matter what age we are. It’s just a number.
One of the human’s five senses is smell. Using your nose is always a pleasurable experience when the weather starts getting warmer beginning with fresh cut grass on a Saturday morning to smelling charcoal and barbecue on the a hot grill and experimenting with new barbecue sauces and dry rubs.
As you get ready for your festivities for the day, we smile with enjoyment as we see friends and guest walk into the backyard with the look of amazement as they see the wonderful changes that have been made with the décor. Incorporate some of Candy Concept Inc.’s fun and exciting summer party ideas like decorating lights for adding ambiance, ice/wine buckets, various centerpiece ideas and more to set the mood for an enlightening night of happiness along with lots of fun and laughs.
Decorating – Changing the appearance of your everyday atmosphere is always fun. Here are some easy and simple ways to decorate.
- Add accent lights around your picnic tables, the porch, or along the fence line. Rope lights are ideal for these areas. Easy to hang and fasten. Great for under your umbrella over your outdoor dining table too.
- Select the lights that work best for you but keep in mind, if you have lights that have all these features; clear lights, changing colored lights, standard non-flashing lights, or flash steadily lights, you can have a variety of looks whenever you choose. Secure them just right and leave them up all summer. Select a different feature each time you have guest and it changes the appearance.
- Have fun with the submersible lights, add them to the fountain or pond, or add them to the punch bowl. Kids can have fun with these especially with a pool. If you want to add a little light on things inside, add them to your flower vases. They are definitely eye catching and will stir up the conversations.
- Grab various colored fairy lights and string them along the center of the dining tables, throughout your buffet line, and beverage table for some added inspiration. I love the fairy lights, I have used them and still do to this day.
- Color coordinate your parties if you want. Especially red, white, and blue for July 4th, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. Pink for “It’s A Girl” baby showers or blue for “It’s a Boy.” Don’t forget to order the candy to match, Candy Concepts offers several variations from lollipops, chocolate cigars, to bubblegum cigars.
Table Setting & Décor – Decorating your tables can depend on how you’re feeling for the day or if you have a theme in mind. It can be extremely funny with fun & games to beautiful, elegant, and sophisticated. Centerpieces come in various shapes and forms, colors and sizes. They depend of what type of occasion you are planning to host whether it’s patriotic, a wedding, country, rustic, and so on.
- Candy Concepts Inc. offers a variety of idea’s for centerpieces with a rustic appeal, a linen wire basket that can be paired with any occasion, candle holders of course, and vases for flowers for your every day occasion, to a more elegant sophisticated appeal items plus a whole lot more. Fun part about centerpieces, we get to use creativity with any and all of these displays. Personalize your centerpiece with the chalkboard display. Turn it into a flower pot, a vase for flowers, or even a condiment holder. These are ideal for assigned seating events and adding a special message on the side of the centerpiece for each table. “Happy Birthday Bill-Table 4” or Happy 30th Anniversary Mike & Molly Table 2”. Keep it simple and have one message on all the tables too!
- Setting up buffet style, incorporate table risers to add height and dimension. Family and friends always look at me and say oh wow that’s a cool idea. Add some small vases with submersible lights and or fairy lights and intertwine them within your food display. Another awesome idea too is adding lit L.E.D. light bases under food dishes. These are fun for an evening outdoor suit and tie dinner under your dinner plates.
- Don’t forget your serving utensils! Scoops, ladles, tongs, spoons, your choice of clear acrylic, colored, sizes run from small, medium, and large, made from plastic, or metal. You cannot make the wrong choice here. Pick to your liking. But I will tell you my preference, metal scoops go with ice, candy, and things like wrapped bulk items. Plastic and acrylic scoops, mainly acrylic go with food for scooping or handling food that is being served, same for tongs.
- Incorporate table risers of various shapes and sizes for height differential. Some risers can be placed on top the table top décor and others can be hidden under the tablecloth for a very different appeal but I would not recommend this for the whole table.
- Select clear acrylic bowls of various sizes to display your food because it adds color and brightens up the table. Select matching tongs or serving spoons for portions.
- Looking to serve appetizers before your main meal, add in the three tier buffet display for a way to get those appetizers noticed. Add our appetizer trays if you are having a wait staff serve your appetizers.
- For dessert, add one of our cupcake display racks for various flavored cupcakes, an acrylic blossom cup with stem tray for puddings or ice cream. Don’t forget to add those lights mentioned earlier for decorating your buffet table. They do spruce up the place a bit. Serving ice cream? Create a candy buffet topper with our 9 jar display. Include nine different choices of your favorite toppings for ice cream. Some of my favorites are gummies, M&M’s, crushed Oreo cookies, nuts and chopped up chocolate peanut butter pieces. Fun thing is you can include what you and your family really enjoy.
Beverage Buckets – The beverage section seems to be noticed by the men more so than the ladies. No offense guys! Eye appealing to all, add a little rustic charm to your outdoor festivities with our various shaped galvanized and steel tubs.
- Keep your drinks cold like sodas, canned beverages, bottled waters, and juice. These beverage buckets come in all shapes and sizes so they are perfect for almost any occasion.
- Wine connoisseur, these buckets are wonderful for displaying and serving your wine collections. Again choose the size that best fits your need. Let’s face it, you don’t need a 130 gallon tub for three bottles of wine unless you plan to make your own wine and have a grape stomping contest.
- Looking for a more retro look or theme, try our bamboo tub or the metal beverage container. They definitely add versatility into the mix.
- I have used these tubs for salad bars and buffet lines. They are great for adding rustic charm to an outdoor weddings and things of that nature. In some cases, I did line the buckets with parchment paper.
- Last but not least, ice buckets, use these for ice buckets, picking apples off the tree, bobbing for apples and more. Have fun with them. Even use them as a bathtub for your pet.
Summer will be over before you know it. Kids will go back to school, the house will be quiet once again. It seems the older we get the faster time goes by. When I was little growing up on the farm, both my grandparents told me when you get older time gets faster and faster. Yes, that is true. So keep that in mind and add some livelihood to your summer this year. You won’t regret the memories, the priceless smiles, and time well spent with family and friends over some summer time novelties and family celebrations.
Come and choose us, Candy Concepts Inc. to be your shopping haven for your Summer Party Supplies today! Be safe and have a ball!